30th Anniversary Gala: Peace Made Possible Silent Auction
Bidding Opens October 12 @ 8:00am EST | Closes Wednesday October 19 @ 8:30pm EST
PLEASE NOTE- Bid extension is in effect: if a bid is placed within 30 seconds of the closing time, the closing time will be extended for two minutes. Extended items have **** preceding the title.
1. You must REGISTER to bid on items in the online auction. To register, simply follow the navigation links to "Register." After registering, you will receive an ONLINE BIDDER PADDLE #. This number is linked to your e-mail address.
2. Bid on any item by clicking its thumbnail image. The bid window for that item will open.
3. When the Bid Window opens, you must LOG-IN before placing a bid. (Log-In is necessary just once for each bidding session.) Enter your e-mail address and your online bidder paddle # as indicated and click Log-In. Be sure you always use the same e-mail address. If you enter incorrect information, your bid will not be accepted, and you must repeat the log-in.
4. YOU HAVE 2 BIDDING OPTIONS:
(1) NEXT BID: You can bid the amount indicated in the NEXT BID field, or you can directly enter any higher amount (in round numbers please!). Click BID to submit your bid for this amount.
(2) AUTO-BID:. This is the "maximum amount" up to which you are prepared to bid on an item. The Auction program will now automatically manage this bid for you. It will bid the next BID INCREMENT on your behalf against all other bidders up to the maximum amount of your AUTO-BID and no further. Place your "maximum amount" in the NEXT BID field (in round numbers please!). Check the AUTO-BID box. Then click BID. Please note that you can place an AUTO-BID when you are already the high bidder without increasing your current high bid.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PLACE YOUR BIDS AS AUTO-BIDS, SIT BACK, RELAX AND LET THE AUCTION PROGRAM BID ON YOUR BEHALF.
**When placing a bid do not use any punctuation: i.e. $2,000.00 is written 2000.
When you have finished bidding, click the Return to Catalog button. You can now bid on another Catalog item.
BID INCREMNENTS: Bid increments increase dynamically based on the current high bid. A complete bid increment schedule is found below.
LOT#/ARTIST SEARCH: In the right corner of the top navigation bar there is a search field that allows you to go directly to the work of any artist, or to select a work by lot#. If an artist has more than one work in the auction, they will all show up like a mini-catalog page.
MY ITEMS: The My Items page allows you to view only the items you wish to follow or are already bidding on. Every item you bid on is automatically added to your My Items page. To add an item that you have not yet bid on (to track), click on the ADD TO MY ITEMS button found on the bid/details window for each item. There is a link to the My Items page visible at all times in the event navbar.
BID HISTORY - The Bid History for each item is linked to the Current High Bid value in the Bid Window. Clicking on the Current High Bid value will show you the prior bidding on the item.
OUTBID NOTIFICATION - You will automatically be notified by e-mail & text if your bid has been replaced by a new high bid. The message will be sent to the address/cell you registered with. The message will contain a hyperlink to your My Items page. Should you wish to bid again on the item, just click on that hyperlink.
PAYMENT - If you are the winning bidder on an auction item, you will receive an email shortly after the auction closes with an itemized account of all your transactions. Your winning bid total will be charged to the credit card you supplied during registration and you will receive a receipt for the total amount for purchases from the credit card processor Stripe.
Please note there is an optional 3% surcharge to cover our credit card fees. If you selected "YES," that amount will be added to your final balance beefore charging your card.