All auction items are available for online bidding starting July 24, 2020 at 9:00am Mountain Daylight Time and ending August 7, 2020 at 8:00pm Mountain Daylight Time.
1. You must REGISTER to bid on items in the online auction. To register, simply click HERE or click on REGISTER on the top menu bar. After registering, you will receive an ONLINE BIDDER ID #. This number is linked to your e-mail address.
2. Bid on any item by clicking its thumbnail image. The bid window for that item will open.
3. When the Bid Window opens, you must LOG-IN before placing a bid. (Log-In is necessary just once for each bidding session.) Enter your e-mail address and your online bidder id# as indicated and click Log-In. Be sure you always use the same e-mail address. If you enter incorrect information, your bid will not be accepted, and you must repeat the log-in.
4. YOU HAVE 2 BIDDING OPTIONS:
(a) NEXT BID: You can bid the amount in the NEXT BID field or you can enter an amount greater than the next BID INCREMENT amount (in round numbers please!). Click BID to submit your bid for this amount.
(b) AUTO-BID. This is the "maximum amount" up to which you are prepared to bid on an item. The Auction program will now automatically manage this bid for you. It will bid the next BID INCREMENT on your behalf against all other bidders up to the maximum amount of your AUTO-BID and no further. Place your "maximum amount" in the NEXT BID field (in round numbers please!). Check the AUTO-BID box. Then click BID. Please note that you can place an AUTO-BID when you are already the high bidder without increasing your current high bid.
**When placing a bid do not use any punctuation: i.e. $2,000.00 is written 2000.
5. When you have finished bidding, close the Bid Window. You can now bid on another Catalog item.
MY ITEMS: The My Items page allows you to view all the items you wish to follow and/or bid on. Every item you bid on is automatically added to your My Auctions page. To add an item that you have not yet bid on, click on the ADD TO MY ITEMS button found on the bid/detail window for each item. There is a link to your My Items page on the top of all catalog pages.
BID HISTORY - The Bid History for each item is linked to the Current High Bid value in the Bid Window. Clicking on the Current High Bid value will show you the prior bidding on the item.
OUTBID NOTIFICATION - You will automatically be notified by e-mail & text if your bid has been replaced by a new high bid. The message will be sent to the address/cell you registered with. The message will contain a hyperlink to your MyItems page. Should you wish to bid again on the item, just click on that hyperlink.
PAYMENT - If you are the winning bidder on an auction item, you will be notified by email shortly after the auction closes with an itemized account. Your winning bid amount will then be charged on the credit card you supplied during registration and you will receive a receipt for the total amount for purchases and shipping from the credit card processor Stripe. If you agreed to cover auction expenses, a surcharge of 10% will be added to the payment charged to your card. This 10% surcharge will NOT be reflected in the winning bidder email you will receive. This email is a record of final bid and/or purchase amounts, prior to surcharge.
SHIPPING & HANDLING - All items must be picked up at the Second Chance Thrift Shop at 309 Sherman Street (Hwy 62) in Ridgway from 11am - 4pm Monday through Saturday (closed Sunday). Please call (970) 626-3233 at least 15 minutes before you stop by, and let us know the Lot numbers of the items you’ve won. That way, we can have your items ready at our cash register for quicker check out. Thank you!