HOW IT WORKS
NAGOYA-VERMONT ARTISTS ONLINE AUCTION
ALSO: Please allow pop-up windows; enable "cookies"; and place email@example.com on your white list if you have a spam blocker enabled, in order to receive automatic outbid notices via email.
Before you can begin to bid you must REGISTER.
After Registration you will receive a BIDDER ID # linked to your email address. Keep this BIDDER ID for each time you BID. Once you have registered, you must enter the password (found on your invitation) to enter the Auction (the BROWSE & BID link), view the catalog and BID.
You are now ready to bid.
You may bid on any item in the CATALOG by clicking the item Lot # (or image when available). You will then see the bid window for that item. When the Bid Window opens you will be asked to LOG-IN for this first bid. This LOG-IN is necessary only once for each bidding session, after that the bidding program knows who you are. Enter your email and Bidder ID# as indicated and click LOG-IN.
YOU HAVE 4 BIDDING OPTIONS:
1. You can bid the amount in the NEXT BID field which will either be the MINIMUM BID for that item or the next BID INCREMENT amount. Click BID to submit your bid for this amount.
2. You can bid a "greater amount" than the NEXT BID amount. Enter the "greater amount" in the NEXT BID field (in round numbers please!) Then click BID.
3. You can bid the BUY NOW amount (when shown). This is a preset amount that guarantees your purchase of the item at that price. Bidding ceases when a buyer bids the BUY NOW amount.4. You can place an AUTO-BID. This is the "maximum amount" up to which you are prepared to bid on an item. The Auction program will now automatically manage this bid for you, i.e., it will bid the next BID INCREMENT on your behalf against all other bidders up to the maximum amount of your AUTO-BID and no further. Place your "maximum amount" in the NEXT BID field (in round numbers please!). Check the AUTO-BID box. Then click BID.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PLACE YOUR BIDS AS AUTO-BIDS, SIT BACK, RELAX AND LET THE AUCTION PROGRAM BID ON YOUR BEHALF.
(see bidding tips below for additional bidding options)
3. MY AUCTIONS: Your "MY AUCTIONS" page, if you choose to use it, is your own personal catalog page. Eaqch item you bid on is automatically added to your personal MY AUCTIONS page. You may also add an item without bidding on it by clicking on the MY AUCTIONS button found at the bottom right of the BID WINDOW for each item. You will be required to put in your e-mail address, if you have not already logged in. There is a link to the MY AUCTIONS page on the top of all catalog pages.Be sure you always use the email address you registered with. If you enter incorrect information, your bid will not be accepted and you must repeat the log-in. When you have finished bidding, close the BID window. You can now bid on another Catalog item.
MORE IMPORTANT BIDDING TIPS
1. BID HISTORY: The Bid History for each item is linked to the Current High Bid value in the BID WINDOW.
2. NOTIFICATION BY E-MAIL: You will be automatically notified by e-mail if your high bid has been replaced by a new high bid. The e-mail will contain a hyperlink directly to the BID WINDOW for that item. If you wish to bid again just click on that Hyperlink.